10 Mar 20150 Comments
You most likely always have on hand a bottle of aspirin or acetaminophen, most commonly known as Tylenol, or at least you should after you read the post 18 Over The Counter Meds You Should Always Have On Hand.
It is just as important to have on hand some nutritional supplements as well. Items that focus more on preventing sickness and/or a natural remedy to clear up a cough or sniffle.
It is just as important to insure you have a good stock of the following nutritional supplements and natural remedies as it is over the counter medications. I even keep a lot of these with me at all times, especially the Vitamin C, Zinc and Magnesium. You know what they say:
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
- Cinnamon – Some research has found that a particular type of cinnamon, may lower blood sugar in people with diabetes
- Vitamin C – Many believe may Vitamin C helps build up your immune system to help avoid colds.
- Vitamin D – Most people are deficient of Vitamin D, it produces a wide range of health benefits, read more from Dr. Mercola about all the benefits of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E – WebMd denotes Vitamin E as the key for strong immunity and healthy skin and eyes.
- Garlic – Readers Digest has a fantastic article listing 13 benefits of Garlic, some include, clears acne, prevents and treats colds, and more.
- Oregano – has natural antibacterial properties
- Multivitamin – All around vitamin supplement
- Turmeric – Been used by Chinese and Indian systems for hundreds of years as anti-inflammatory
- Coconut – Benefits include skin care, cholesterol level maintenance, weight loss, boosted immune system, proper digestion
- Grapefruit seed – Potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory
- Echinacea – Fantastic for colds, yeast infections, ear infections.
- Sambucus Black Elder Berry Extract – Natural remedy for flu symptoms, my personal favorite and it works great!
- Raw Honey – Tastes great and a great anti-viral, anti-bacterial, helps promotes body and digestive health
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Kills many types of bacteria
- Magnesium – Helps with leg cramps, reduces anxiety, helps with constipation
- Zinc – Again great for a healthy immune system
Disclaimer: This article is the opinion of the writer and internet research, it is not intended to be used as medical advise. Always do your own research on any type of supplement you have in the house to insure you are not allergic to it or that it won’t conflict with any other medication you or anyone in your house are taking. Before taking any medication or supplement consult with your health care professional.